Our Counsellor-in-Training (CIT) programme is for young people aged 17 & 18 years old. This programme is for those who are ready to take on new challenges, opportunities and responsibilities. Our hands-on learning environment allows CIT’s to develop strong leadership skills while putting their new skills into practice on a daily basis.
The fun, magical & creative culture of Camp provides the ideal setting to develop important life skills such as communication, problem solving and cooperation. CIT’s will acquire the skills necessary to be a great Camp staff member as well as developing life-skills that will benefit them for university and beyond.
Young People can attend the CIT Programme for 3, 4 or 7 weeks.
Week 1: CIT Interactive Training Week - Led by the CIT Director:
CITs will take part in training sessions, teambuilding activities and get hands on experience of working with and teaching younger campers:
- Dealing with challenging behaviour
- All aspects of Camp life
- Emergency procedures
- Individual & group development
- Dealing with homesickness
- Facilitating friendships
- Teaching & coaching techniques
- Being an effective leader
- Developing new programmes
- Planning and organising activities
Weeks 2 - 7: Hands on Experience:
- Shadowing and assisting our experienced staff members
- Observing staff teaching and coaching techniques
- Assisting with cabin duties
- Planing, designing and leading camp wide activities
- Participate in activities, special events and cultural trips
- Gain a meaningful leadership experience
- Learn how to be a successful Counsellor/Youth Worker
- Develop life long skills such as problem solving, leadership, communication & cooperation
- Create strong friendships
- Learn from and work with experienced staff members
- Create new programmes
- Lead special events
- Develop teaching & coaching skills
- Build self confidence
- Become a role model for younger campers.
- Help create the fun and unique culture that makes camp so special
- Feedback, evaluations and a reference from the CIT Director
Summer 2017 Dates:
3 Week CIT Programme: Sunday 2nd July - Friday 21st July £2235
4 Week CIT Programme: Sunday 23rd July - Friday 18th August £2980
7 week CIT Programme: Sunday 2nd July - Friday 18th August £5215
Our CIT programme is very competitive with only 10 CITs per session.
For your chance to participate in our CIT programme this summer, please fill out the following CIT application form
Your application will be reviewed and you will be contacted within 2 weeks to let you know if you have been accepted.