Programme Director Job Description
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for an experienced Camp Counsellor who is looking for a new role at Summer Camp. The Programme Director role is a leadership role at Camp Cooper - you will also be assisting with all aspects of running Camp.
The Programme Director is responsible for the running of all our activities at Camp Cooper, including our All-Camp events. The role offers a significant amount of responsibility and leadership.
The Programme Director will be responsible for:
- Planning and running All-Camp events for up to 130 people
- Facilitating All-Camp events; introducing them and explaining all the rules
- Clearing up after all the events
- Gathering feedback on the events
- Planning and organising the day trips to Edinburgh, St Andrews and Glasgow
- Helping run check-in and check-out days at Edinburgh Airport
- Ensuring counsellors give in counsellor notes and write camper birthday cards
Candidates must demonstrate the following skills and characteristics:
- Experience working directly with groups of young people aged 7-17
- Experience working as a Camp Counsellor at Camp Cooper or a traditional American summer camp
- Ability to be creative and flexible
- Have or willing to obtain a first aid certificate
- Fluent in English
- Abillity to be a positive role model for young people
- Ability to lead large events
- Confident in public speaking
- Experience of working in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Maturity to be responsible for the care, well-being and safety of young people
- Experience of working with young people from a range of nationalities
- Applicant must successfully pass full background and reference checks
- Applicant must be available to work the duration of the Camp, including staff training.
- Staff get 1 day off per week, scheduled by the Camp
- The salary for working at Camp is £2600. This includes room and board (the salary is subject to all normal UK taxes - e.g. PAYE and National Insurance Contributions)
Summer Employment Dates (including staff training):
Start Date: Monday June 26th, 2017 (2pm)
End Date: Saturday August 19th, 2017 (6pm)
Ideally the Programme Director would be based in Glasgow and be able to work from Monday June 19th, 2017 - Friday June 23rd, 2017 in a non-residential capacity for extra training and planning.
These dates includes a mandatory 6-day staff training period.